couple of questions on a 92 td27

Guest -mako-

Guest -mako-

hi hey just have a couple of things I would just like to clarify and check I am right on.

This is for a 4wd 92 turbo diesel 5dr manual, terrano.

1:The td27 has no timing belt/chain? and therefor needs no replacement?

2:The 5spd manual gearbox needs an extra 1.5L added when doing a fluid change on it?

3:The manifold bolts are fine?

4:I can just change the fuel filter and just let it run a little ruff until any air runs through?

5:Max tyre size is 31/10.5 with default Guards and height, but still might rub a little if saggy suspension or out on ruff trails and on full lock?

6:Manual locking hubs are better than the auto locking ones I have at present?

I don't have any books on these it's just what stuck in my mind while browsing the forum.

thanks for having a look at these, now lets see how right or wrong I am.

I just picked up a set of Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Tyres any bad feedback on these or do they perform as a reasonable A/T tyre?

1. It's correct, no belt. Moreover, no chain. There are gears that function as a timing belt. Thus, no headache))) This is eternal. Or so close to being eternal that it makes no difference )))

2. I used to have 5spd manual... I don't know about any extra fluid. I just looked up the capacity in the manual, and the service station poured in exactly the amount that was indicated in the manual.

3. *What's manifold... have to look in the dictionary* Ah, I see what it is ))) But have no idea about the bolts, sorry.

4. Can't help, either.

5. I never had tires of this size...but I guess they will not rub. Oh, in case of worn suspension, they might. But in case everything's ok, they won't

6. I hate manual hubs ))) I don't fancy going out of the car, dive in the mud to switch them on. I really hate them)) Maybe there is some great idea behind manual hubs, but I don't see it. People here said auto hubs might unlock by themselves... I had 89' Pathy, Vitara, now I own Pathy again, all with auto hubs, and I've NEVER had any problem with them.

Hope I helped you a bit )))

Edited by Terrano

By the way, Mako, where are you located?

I see that you drive a Terrano, not Pathfinder.

I thought Terrano was a Japan-only model.

We have a lot of used Japanese cars here in Russia, especially in the Far East region close to Japan... so we do not drive pathies, only Terrano (which I think could be called Terry :D) But I am curious where they are driven as Terrano besides Japan.

HI Mako,

To question 2; check the oil company websites, eg Shell as they carry oil quantities for most models.

To question 3; haven't heard of any probs, mine has done 150k without a worry.

To question 4; on top of the fuel pump should be a button, which is a hand primer. After you install the new filter, pump it like a schoolboy until it goes stiff and you can't pump it anymore - and the button as well :D

To question 6; go with a manual hub and get out and click them BEFORE you get to the mud.

Hey Terrano, we have Terranos in New Zealand as well, like you most of the ones here are 2nd hand imports from Japan. After about '96 they dropped the Terrano name and went to just Pathfinder.

Cheers

Al.

Guest -mako-

hey thats cool thanks everyone.... :beer:

Sorry all jap here on that fuse box cover 'Terrano' if anyone has a english print of it I am also very interested.

I am in NZ 'Terrano' yep jap imports as per 'NZ Terrano Owner's comment'

*takes note of priming method from 'NZ Terrano Owner' :)

Guest -mako-

thank you jumper, one very useful bit of information :D:D

:cool2: now I know why my rear wiper isn't going the fuse holder for that is empty.(had a couple of burnt wires in the fuse box, I have been able to re-run most hot spots but couldn't work out the rear wiper)