Lift preparations

RowOSU

Hey,

So I know there are a bunch of you who just got lifted. I am getting ready to do the AC 2in lift, and was checking out the AC boards and there was discussion of adjusting two things. According to Xplorx4:

There are just 2 things you need to 'modify' after the lift: extend the differential breather hose (or replace the hose with a longer length of tube), and adjust the rear brake proportioning valve.

Did any of you guys do this? How about the alignment, did any of you guys have problems with the camber being out of wack?

THanks in advance

once again I am reminded to check my diff breathe tube - I keep forgetting...

I had an alighnment about a week after the lift, and they did it with little trouble... I still get a bit of a shake at higher speeds (90-100km/h), but from what I've read, that is to be expected because of the increased CV angles.

OK but you didnt do anything about the brake thing? Did anyone?

-Is the shake only from 90-100km/h, or is it everything above that?

The alignment is a definite! I bought the K-Mac camber adjusting kit and it worked great. I still need to bring it in for some fine tuning.....and the rear Diff tube thing sssh I keep forgetting to replace mine...it did come off once while off roading.....Now it's time for some new rims and 32's

OK but you didnt do anything about the brake thing? Did anyone?

nope, I dont really know anything about that... if you do hear more, please share!

I didn't adjust my rear brake, and didn't notice any change in stopping power after my lift. I too need to get to that differential breather hose one of these days, just keeps slipping my mind.

I also bought the camber adjustment kit, according to Pep Boys it helped them with the alignment.

Good luck with your lift :beer:

That's why i've toasted two sets of front pads and my rears haven't changed in 7-months i've had the lift (7,000 miles in 7 months)! Now I have a Memorial Day Project! Not including the 300 other projects! P...