Excessive gas smell,loss of power up hill,and misfire.No rev past 3k

ZEUS77

I'm having a similar problem. Itnatarted about a month ago. I'd press the gas peddle and it was very sluggish up till around 2000 rims then it would shoot up to 4000 and want to stay there but the speed didn't match the rpms. It steadily got worse and then it started losing power in a major way. Here's what I've done so far and still haven't figured it out. I cut the catalytic converter off and straight piped it. I checked the o2 sensor and it seemed fine. I cleaned it up while I had it out. I took the throttle body off and cleaned it very good and noticed a black oily substance inside the plenum. I replaced the throttle position sensor. I cleaned the maf sensor and checked to see if it functions. It does. I pulled the plugs and they were whitish in color which tells me it's running lean despite using 3 times more fuel than it should.  The number one cylinder plug had basically burned the metal completely off the top of the plug. I replaced all the plugs and wires.I pulled the erg valve and cleaned it and checked its function and it works.  I pullednthe idle air valve and cleaned it and checked its function. It works fine. The motor wants to run but now when I shift into reverse or drive it basically idles down to around 100 rpms and will not even pull itsnown weight on flat ground. Thinking it's a fuel pressure issue, I replaced the fuel pump and filter. After that installed it and when I put it into gear it started to move and run properly. I shut it off thinking I was finally victorious. A few hours later I got in it to leave and after warming up it went back to its old self. I'm guessing the ecm decided somethings still wrong and I checked for any codes. It gave me 55, which means "no major issues " today I began pulling the plenum off to check the fuel pressure regulator and when I took off a hose from the bottom of the throttle body that runs to some component next to the erg valve and it was full of a liquid, not gas, it I could have sworn it looked greenish in color. I'm not sure what that component is, but I know there shouldn't be any fluids in that vacuum hose. I've checked for vacuum leaks and couldn't find one other than a pretty loud leak where the exhaust manifold meets the exhaust pipe flange. While trying to find a free service manual online I ran across this forum? So here I am. Any advice is welcome and I hope this helps you with your issue. You can at least see what I've donenso far to no avail so good luck.