33x12.5x15 with 8" or 10" wheels ?

jumper

i went to the tyre shop today and ordered tyres 33x12.5x15 i wanted to order 8"x15" wheels as well but the tyre man said 33"x12.5" on a 8" rim is not recomended i shoud use 10" rims but he woud order them in and fit them if i want him to.

Does anyone run 10"s ?

Has anybody had problems with 33"x12.5" on 8" rims at low pressure ?

i have 33x12.50x15 on 15x7s. I have them one for about a year now. i've done everything from everyday driving with them to 4wheeling down to 10-15psi with never a problem. when i was getting the lift with the tires, this guy at one shop who didn't specialize in offroad products told me that the tire could bubble and this and that. The offroad shop that i had them do the lift said that it would be better to mount the 12.50 tire on a 7wheel because that way you have the sidewall out side the rim. won't scratch/damage the rim and would grab better. he seemed to be right.

i'd mount it on the 8inch before the 10. would look much better on the 8. the 10inch, IMO, would already be for those insane sized tires. plus, i don't recall seeing anyone here or anywhere else with 33-12.50 on a 10 inch wheel.

Edited by mudfinder