Windows Wont Work Locks Dont Either

Guest itsaboutthattime

Guest itsaboutthattime

Everything was fine until the windows stopped working. Driver control and door controls. 94 XE. If you have any ideas let me know. Thanks!

Check the fuses, pop the master (drivers) switch out of the door... Just pry it up and it will pop out w/out damage...

I had a problem with mine where the passinger front window would go down fine with the master switch, but then it wouldn't go up unless you reached over and did it by the passinger switch... The back windows wouldn't work at all from my switch...

So I looked for a junkyard one and had no luck... Then I decided to open the switch up and see if a wire broke loose or something... I found that it was pretty easy to open up with a small flathead screwdriver.... Once opened I scraped the contact points inside the switch till they where nice and shiney... When I put it back together it still didn't work. Took it apart once again and this time I bent the contacts a little so they where closer together w/out actually touching... Put it back together and now it works fine.

Hope this helps a little...

In my 95, (not sure if it's the same) there is a circuit breaker in the driver's kick panel, and on mine, the connection was terribly corroded, so I had the same issue. No windows, no locks. I replaced it with an inline fuse (I used a 10 amp) and the problem was solved. In my 95 there is no fuse in the main fuse area for locks or windows.

Hope that helps.....good luck :aok: