MY BUILD

ELI80ELIJAH8

So I have been on this forum for awhile, just been doing a lot of reading. This is my first post and as I progress i'll post some pictures of mine. I have a 2001 pathfinder LE that I purchased completely stock a few years back. Since then I have added a 2" lift with 17" pro comp 97's with 265/70/17 nitto terra grapplers. Brush guard, 24" light bar, roof rack with hi lift mounted, axe, shovel, new radiator, alternator, starter, valve cover gasket, ngk iridium sparks, new injectors, fuel pump, fuel filter, serpentine belts, optima red top for main, with xs power wired in parallel in the rear, new cv joints, tie rods, ball joints, steel brake lines, and I'm sure I'm missing something. Also, there is a full sound system, a pioneer single din head unit, auto start, boston 12" in the back, with kenwood 600 watt amp, I have yet to install new tweeters, or speakers I'm just waiting for the factory to die. I have a double drawers in the back with ball bearing slides, and a fuses juction box for the aftermarket wiring, and rear led spot lights.

Anyways, for this post I am looking for my next upgrades. Sliders and skid plates.

Any one have companies that they would recommend. I prefer smaller fab shops, just because I like to support small business, and they tend to be cheaper.

• Like 2

Through some of my reading of these threads i saw someone mentioned that. I really like his prices I might have to consider him for skids. But as far as sliders go i'm looking at rocky road outfitters. I am also highly interested in a bumper, but I'm not buying a $1300 one from ARB. I've noticed a lot of people DIY, i just don't have the expertise or resources. If anyone new of a fab shop that could make one thta would be of great assistance.

As far as sliders go, it'll be way cheaper to either buy universal 67" ones or get them custom made at a fabrication shop than to get the rocky road ones. You're looking at around $200 instead of $500.

Getting a bumper custom made at a fabricator generally costs around $500 per bumper, but can be a little more or less depending on what you want (stinger, winch mount, recovery hooks, etc) and if you go with a tube bumper or a plate bumper.

Just do a quick Google search on local fabricators in your area, and give a couple places a call and tell them what you're looking for. If you do this, you could get both bumpers and sliders all done at the same time and maybe get a little bit of a deal if you're lucky!

• Like 1

What Micah said for sure. Custom is usually cheaper for these trucks when it comes to armor. I like to have a look at the fabricator's work first, when I had my bumper made he invited me into his shop and showed me all his current projects.

Looking good! A couple quick questions; 1)For your 2" lift, did you do spacers or springs? 2)What size and backspace are those wheels, and are you running any spacers? And just one quick suggestion, you can pick up electrical conduit brackets and some metric bolt w/washers, remove your factory crossbars and mount that roof basket right to the rails. Gives it a much lower profile and a cleaner look. Thanks in advance for the info, I'm about a month away from another suspension overhaul and will be needing new tires, so I'm gathering as much info as possible, to see which direction I'm going to take.

Random question, why do you have a high lift if you don't have sliders?

Your rig looks good man. Another thing you can do to get the roof basket to sit lower is get the crossbars from a pre facelift model from a pick n pull. I think someone bent their roof with it bolted right to the rails when the body flexed

01 pathmaker, originally my lift was just spacers. Since then I have gotten springs I just haven't installed the front ones, because I was not able to do them myself, so the front is still on spacers. I will be getting the lift springs installed in the front as well. The wheels are 17x 9 pro comp all steel wheels with -19mm backspacing with 265/70/17 nitto terra grappler g2's and no on the spacers. I really love these tires, I wanted something that could handle the terrain here in Minot, ND. They do really well in the snow and ice, and aren't really that loud while driving. And initially I considered mounting it straight to the rails, as many people have. My plan is I want to somehow mount a solar panel in between the roof and cargo rack, I know this sounds silly but I want to run a low amperage fridge for camping without having to worry about the vehicle being running.

micahfelker,

Yes you are correct on that, but I bought that as a first step towards buying slider, and a spare tire carrier. So at this point in time, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But I promise you that's the reason I started this thread just looking into getting some sliders. I battled with where and how to mount the hi lift too, and so far that's what I came up with. I think I want to try and find a swing carrier for the pathy for the spare tire. As it is stored factory, underneath, is no longer available. I have stored down there a rotopak fuel tank. I'm still up in the air about both subjects. I think sfcrations would be the best for slider, and a custom front and rear bumper are the best options for cost and weight.

• Like 2

So if you don't know i live in North Dakota, and it's cold here. What tends to be a popular addition to cars is a block heater. I have one installed, but one thing i hate about it is the extensions cord that always hanging down, or attached to the bumper. So i did something about it.

block%20heater_zps88rcfl7n.jpg

wiring_zpsmkuazf0f.jpg

• Like 1

Nevermind I downloaded a different extension and they showed up!

Nice mod though! Are you gonna leave it black or paint it to match the bumper?

Which extension did you download? Because the one I've been using seems to have stopped working. I'd like to see this guy's progress pics, lol

Honestly ill probably just leave it that color for now cause im looking at how i want to do a bumper. I don't know exactly how i want the design. I'm thinking one that's just got small stinger that way i can keep my light bar and then have holes cut out for LED fogs and then of course a winch with d rings. i got a quote the other day and it was about 800. A little higher than what i was going for but it'll get the job done. Also i'll be working on wiring for some spot lights for the sides mounted to the rack. was a ble to complete the lug nut studs, some of them had become pretty stripped. Also ill be ordering some sliders most likely from sfcreations so thank you for that suggestion. While I'm waiting for this bumper ill be looking swapping the control arm bushing. So progress over the next month should be significant.

Which extension did you download? Because the one I've been using seems to have stopped working. I'd like to see this guy's progress pics, lol

It's called Photobucket Hotlink Fix. I was using the one you showed me and it stopped working too, and this was the best reviewed one that came up when I searched for it in extensions

• Like 1

It's called Photobucket Hotlink Fix. I was using the one you showed me and it stopped working too, and this was the best reviewed one that came up when I searched for it in extensions

Thanks, I can see again! :happy:

So if you don't know i live in North Dakota, and it's cold here. What tends to be a popular addition to cars is a block heater. I have one installed, but one thing i hate about it is the extensions cord that always hanging down, or attached to the bumper. So i did something about it.

block%20heater_zps88rcfl7n.jpg

wiring_zpsmkuazf0f.jpg

Looks like a very clean install, I like it! Stands out a little more than I'd like, but it's better than a dangling wire for sure, also probably a lot more protected that way.