Removing Nerf Bars

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to take the factory nerf bars off? I've looked at the mounting bolts, but I can't tell if they have nuts behind them, or if they are simply screwed in.

I have a 45 minute window to get it done and I am just wondering if that is going to be enough time.

Thanks!!!

not sure... mine came 'sans' step rails

if theyre anything like the Xterra's - it's a matter of removing a few bolts... and theyre pretty light... It's suggested that once you remove them to place the bolts back on the truck, so the holes dont get full of crud & whatnot, which makes it easier for when you put them (or others) back on...

When i took mine off it was quite the process. As i remember it they had both bolts and nuts on em. they were a big pain to get off cause the bolts and nuts were rusted and stripped!

When I took mine temporarily off, it was a simple operation. Just make sure you have the right tools, some of the bolts are hard to get at without ratchet extensions. Putting them on is a bit harder, especially by yourself :D

Mine was simple. 6 head-head bolts on each nerf bar (3 mounting brackets, two bolts on each) and all the same size. So just take a ratchet and socket and have at it. I just remember there being one or two that were a hard angle to get at.