truck knocking and spuddering....

mudfinder

today at school, i was messing around on big dirt and asphalt piles. at crawling speed, almost to the top, my path started knocking and spuddering. first time it did that, any ideas what could cause that? :confused:

i've changed everything, i mean everything. from fuel to air. i had two mechanics test my injectors and the injectors are working good. i'm just worried it's my tranny. i want to fix my manifolds before i do anything major. btw, i had a 1/2 tank of fuel.

when ever my check engine light comes on, it always give me code 13(engine coolent temp. sensor). and gave me 45(injector leak) once. like said eariler, i had it presure tested for leaks, and their working fine.

Edited by mudfinder

when i punch it off the line, it barely moves. the rpm goes up and down, up and down. i said tranny because when climbing the hill it left more a drive train issue rather than the engine.

how would i burp it? how would i get the bubble out?

The water temp sensor will do crazy stuff like that. I was having problems with sputtering, dying, dropping to idle under acceleration...hasn't done it in a while but I changed EVERYTHING too. Talked to a mechanic friend and he said he'd check the water temp sensor off the top of his head. So, I replaced it and my car still did weird things...but I'd give that a try ESPECIALLY since you're getting the code showing up. Now when I drive mine when the tranny shifts it feels like the thing just BOGS down like mad. Engine revs up but when it shifts to the next gear I swear it's going to sputter and die. Can a tranny somehow kill an engine by bogging it down? I'm sure it could but has anybody ever had/heard of that problem?

how would i burp it? how would i get the bubble out?

on pre 90s there is a little screw/bolt in the upper rad hose that you loosen. the air shouldcome out and then when antifreeze starts to flow you turn it back in.. this is all with the engine running and heat on HI... on my 94 i didn't see that screw so i'd do the old school method and take the rad cap off, let the truck run and warm up (heat on HIi) and top off the rad till it couldn't take anymore...letting the fluid circulate at least a couple of times... for both: then you add antifreeze to the recommended level in the reservoir and you should be good to go...