Might add a R51 to the stable, a few ?'s

I'm still pretty new to the R50 world can anyone tell me on the KYBs what the difference is on the 12/98 vs the 11/98 on KYBs Catalog same for 4x4parts.com for the passenger 1996-4/1999 Pathfinder 12/1998-2001 Pathfinder.

I'm the original owner of my 01 SE 4x4 R50 and even @ 170k, she's still running and driving great (despite my wife's efforts, crashed it twice...). Other than 2 collision repairs, I've really just kept up on maintenence. I'm not giving her up until she's near death, but we are currently looking for a newer 3rd row suv. I'm aware of the main issues of the early run R51's, so far walked away from a few 07-08's, just found a really nice 2012 SE 4x4 for a fair price, but I would like a few questions answered before I pull the trigger.

1) Has the rad/trans cooler issue been fixed in the later years? I'd still probably do the bypass just for peace of mind.

2) Have they upgraded the timing chain guides in the later models?

Other than those issues, is there anything major that the 10-12's are plaqued with? Any of the other "nuisance" issues that I've read about I think I can deal with. Thanks in advance.

Wow, don't everyone talk at once! Lol. Well, as it turns out, we're probably going to end up with a brand new 2017 Rogue SV for roughly the same payment (just a longer term) as the low mileage 2012 R51 we were looking at.