Odd Noise when in reverse

Hoping someone could help me out on this.......When I put the Pathy in reverse, it makes a slight intermittent grinding noise from the front drivers side. Assuming it's in the area of the suspension.

What's been ruled out so far is cv axle & front strut.(both changed).

Just had a wheel bearing changed too, but can't remember if it was on the drivers or passenger side, so can't completely rule it out.

Anyone have any experience with this problem or have an idea of what it could be.

The noise only happens in reverse and does not affect the functionality of the truck in any way other than the noise

Might sounds stupid...but is the tire rubbing? Occasionally I have a noise but it's just a rock caught in the brakes, so maybe it's that? I'm just hoping it's something simple/cheap for ya.

I just did some reading and I think you should check your brakes out thoroughly. Jack the front up and spin the wheels backward. Try everything you can to recreate the noise.

I've got a bad wheel bearing up front but it is audible in forward and reverse equally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.....it's definitely not due to rubbing. I will check out the brakes when I get back into town as well.

One thing I did do was put it in reverse and kept the brake pedal pushed. The noise got progressively louder and more consistent. Once I let go of the brake pedal, it stopped and was more intermittent again. Pretty odd.

I forgot to add that it does not always do this and SEEMS to do it only when the wheel is turned to some degree.