Blend door

whatchugot12

Help with my blend door problem! 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 3.5L 5spd and 4x4 with manual heat and air control panel. Advice please on a broken blend door!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

What is it doing, as far as what are the symptoms? Have you pulled the fan box and you can visually see a broken blend door?

My temp knob started turning with no resistance and no affect on temperature. Turned out the lever connecting the knob to the cable on the back of the panel broke.

I could have perhaps epoxied it together, but I could tell the rest of the frame plastic was getting old and brittle so I just replaced the entire control panel.

It was pretty easy to do and the part I think cost $160 at Courtesy Nissan. If you are a big shoulder or big hand person, you may have to get someone else to do it.

I have a write up in this forum of doing it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In case you haven't found it already, here it is. Apparently I was a little punchy after doing it. Aside from being awkward, it wasn't as bad as I made it sound. As a person doing it the first time, the hardest part might be figuring out how to remove your center vents and center dash molding. I had already done that several times replacing stereos.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/39730-temp-or-vent-selector-knob-doesnt-work/