Steering Wheel ?

Jairo2000

Hey, guys I own a 95 Nissan Pathfinder XE. Recently I haven't been using it for 4 days, when I used it today the steering wheel felt tight (kind of hard time turning) everytime I turn it to the left or right. It only happens at slow speeds though. The last time I used it, it was fine. Power-steering fluid is not low. No leaks that I'm aware of. You guys have any insight on what the problen might be? I mean it wasn't like that the last time I used it. Which was 4 days ago.

Thanks for the help.

There may be a problem with the pressure sensor or its wiring, a yank on the steering wheel should get the rpms to jump up to 1100 when the motor is still cold. At least, _mine_ jumps up to 1100 rpm when it's cold while getting out of a parking spot as I head off to work!

The switch is bloody expensive at $92 from RockAuto though... so you may want to spend an hour or two looking at wiring before you go and throw parts at it!

Edited by SpecialWarr

Is it possible that my power steering pump is failing? Is the correct name of the part called "pressure sensor"? I can't seem to find that part that's why.

Thanks