Clutch issues

Jimi

Yesterday the clutch pedal went to the floor and stayed there. managed to limp it home. Go to mess with it today pedal still on the floor. Jack it up to look at the slave cylinder and had my son press the clutch and there's full pedal all of a sudden and its moving the fork about a half inch but still acts like the clutch isn't engaging. Any ideas would be appreciated. By the way it did just fine before this. Hoping its not the throw out bearing just yet I didn't want to mess with it till I needed to do the clutch. Like I said though any ideas are appreciated.

Try bleeding the system to make sure there's no air in it. I had this issue just before the slave cylinder went bad on my 240sx. With the pedal staying down to the floor it's either low fluid which let's air in, or a bad master or slave clyinder. Pull the boot back on the slave cylinder and make sure it isn't leaking. If there's any fluid it needs to either be replaced or rebuilt. To check the master cylinder stick your hand up under the dash and feel around the shaft. If any area is leaking the possibility of air getting in is there and that's what's causing your problem. Air compresses brake fluid doesnt.

Sent from inside my potato

yea it had no leaks ...dry as a bone on all components ...probably the same as always with my pathys whatever the worst possible outcome is thats what it is ...hell I can't even get the new master cylinder to pump

tried bench bleeding eveyway I can and nothing

wish there was a video on how to make a new clutch master cylinder pump fluid. seems to be common knowledge that it needs to be done but nobody knows how to do it

Push in on the rod, pour fluid in resovior and hold finger over the output hole, then slowly release.. You've got 2 small areas that need to be filled with fluid. Once they're filled it'll pump. When you're bench bleeding it you have to mimic the suction that it would normally see when the slave cylinder bleed bolt is shut

Sent from inside my potato

finally got the hydraulic system working tip top with new master and slave. pushes the release lever forward great now and smooth as ever. bad part is it still doesn't disengage. so guessing its the throw out bearing. any other ideas are welcome. but never had a clutch issue till my pedal stuck to the floor. like I said good pedal now.