Rear spring options

kent9571

So I got the fluerys 2.5" lift for the front, was gonna wait to find Springs for the rear cuz I'd rather have extended Springs than a puck lift but I'm having trouble finding what Springs will work with r50's. I heard Cherokee rears or fronts will work but they look like they won't match up. Anyone have experience with this?

I have the same spacer set up as you. I got heavy duty coils for a R51 Pathfinder and cut 4" out of them, and although they fit, they gave too much rake (could be solved by cutting more out) but more importantly rode awfully. As much as I too don't want spacers in the rear any more, I am going to try OME medium duty coils (designed for the right Pathfinder generation this time) and the spacers, hopefully that will give a good ride and a nice rake. If you don't need a rake, you could probably do 1 spacer with these coils.

• Like 1

With 2" spacer to get 2.5" lift front and fresh moog stock springs. In the rear with medium duty OME you need a 1.5" spacer to get a .5" up in the rear vs front (that's what I run) on the 2001 on the passenger side you either gotta grind the tab or the spacer to clear a factory welded tab (when running the spacer on bottom of spring, as you should)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...