new to me 2001 pathy le 4x4 auto all-mode

dirtydan

So Im new to the pathfinder world, I started in a 90 4runner almost 10 years ago, ended up selling her, went to subaru for 6 years straight in a 2002 subaru impreza outback sport, i loved it but a little small and no useful towing for me. still going at 295k miles, and this pathy fell into my lap just the other day, a friend was trying to sell his wifes old daily driver, and i took it picking it up on sat, so hello all im a nissan guy now! lol https://goo.gl/photos/YdN3WsNVDS7hwDKa8

Welcome. Your Pathy is just like my 01. Silver and all. I did the warn manual hubs. Ditched the useless steps and went from there.

Glad to have you.

How are the Warn hubs and the all-mode getting along? ive heard of issues with this combo.

The issue comes from the auto mode. When your hubs are unlocked, you cannot leave it on auto because of the way the transfer case works. Since it is a shift on the fly type, you can imagine what kind of carnage it would do if the transfer case was to engage the front while nothing is turning in front and that the rear is rolling at 50mph...

That's it really...

The hype came from the fact that at one point I assumed the mechanical oil pump for the transfer case was being activated by the rotation of the front driveshaft... It was finally proven that it is from the rotation of the rear (main) driveshaft..So there is no problem between the transfer case and manual hubs... simply have to use it with either 2wd unlocked and 4wd when locked....no more auto...

• Like 1

Ok cool not that big of an issue, i wish the switch would not start at auto. Is there a fuse or something to deactivate it? I have two little ones that love to play with knobs and switches, I can see it now jumping in the pathy to go for a beer run and take off in auto after the kids had a knob war in the car.

I've had no issues other than having to draw out a schematic to explain to my wife why she can't put the Pathy in Auto mode. Ive heard of some folks having lights come on due to the wheel speed sensors I assume and the Warns. But I've driven over two hours on the highway at once and not had a hiccup.

As Fleury stated the manual hubs will not cause oil starvation in the T case just don't use auto with them unlocked.... You'll only try it once.

If your that worried about it getting put in auto. Drill you two holes and put a (reverse lock out) flip down toggle to block it. Use short screws.

When you do the Warn swap throw the instructions away or you will break something haha.