ABS and ICC issues; Maybe related?

So I have a couple problems with my 2002 Infiniti QX4. I've been ignoring them since they don't come up too often and I actually wasn't sure that one is an issue, but now I am.

I guess I'll start with the one that I'm more certain is broken, the Intelligent Cruise Control. This seems like a very complicated system, so I'm not sure where to start. So far all I've done is check the fuse (which is fine, by the way). When I press the button on the steering wheel to turn the cruise control system on, two cruise control lights come up on the dash - the normal one and an orange one - and it makes a loud beep. (I can make a video of this if it would be helpful at all) The only control that works is turning it back off; speed can NOT be set. I think this might be one that I have to bring it in to be looked at, but I was hoping someone on here might have some ideas first.

The other problem is with the ABS. Since I got the vehicle about 8 months ago, I've only had to hit the brakes hard twice, and both times the tires locked up and the truck skidded (leading the people behind me to follow at a farther distance, lol). This makes me think the ABS is not working, but I'm not sure if I just wasn't pushing the pedal quite far enough to engage it or what. Again, if anyone on here has a suggestion it would be great, otherwise I intend to bring it in to be looked at.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

• 1 month later...

Left the QX4 at the local Infiniti dealer for the last 3 days (the loaner car was nice!) to see if they could figure out what was wrong. The ICC issue turned out to be the sensor in the grill, which they wanted $3000 for (yes, I got the right number of zeros there! :ohno01: ) and they even recommended not fixing it; I guess I'll keep my eye on local junkyards. They could not figure out the ABS issue. As far as they can tell everything should work perfectly, and the best guess they had was that it doesn't work because the vehicle is not level due to the lift I have on it (so are they suggesting that if you drive down a hill the ABS won't work? I call BS), so basically that is still a mystery. I guess I'll pretend that's not a problem and just drive accordingly. This leaves no other things that are broken, so I can focus on upgrades again! :D