98 chilkoot interior swap

Guest punkrawker

Guest punkrawker

I have an all black from factory chilkoot with horrible cloth interior. Is it as straight forward and worth it to do a complete interior swap (headliner to floor, carpets, trim and side panels, all seats included) with another 98 pathfinder that has an all black leather interior? the body on my pathfinder is all black from factory with darker than most window tint and the body and engine are pretty solid and would ultimately love to black the entire pathfinder right out inside and out, zero chrome/shininess and possibly debadge it just to really make people wonder wtf?

any feedback would be much appreciated.

all models of R50 pathfinder will allow for an interior swap, I've got door cards from an 01 in my 96 right now. Other than the huge hassle of converting the window switches it was a bolt on affair. Seats are the same thing, I think you can even swap power seats (the cushion parts) to manual frame if you prefer manual like I do.

I day dream about buying a wrecked late model and fully converting it all over to my 96. maybe one day I'll actually do it. Lol

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

-Kyle

• 3 weeks later...
Guest punkrawker

that's good info to know, ive been looking into finding a written off 2001 le 5spd with excellent motor, drivetrain etc. specs say 240hp for auto an 250hp for manual. id like to put that into my blacked out 98 chilkoot, now its just figuring out the most cost effective way to do it :S

Well with how cheap these cars are getting, buying an auctioned off wreck is definitely the way to go. It helps having a complete car to work with, removes a good chunk of the guess work.

Copart is a huge insurance auction company dealing in cars and have tons of yards all over the country. I know of atleast 3 in Washington state alone. And we're talking acres and acres of land and thousands of cars!

I can try and point you in the right direction should you choose to go that route, might even want some parts off ya. I have personally never bought a wreck but I did a lot of research into it and my uncle hits up the yard atleast once a month (the dude has got a problem for sure. Lol)

-Kyle