Timing Adjustments!!!

Guest hybridsr20

Guest hybridsr20

Since I don't see a search button on here I'll post up my questions here. I need some help on how to do a timing adjustment. A couple quick questions. What do you do to set it to base timing mode? How is the timing mark read in degrees on the crankshaft pulley? On my other Nissan I disconnected the TPS sensor to get it in base timing mode. Is it the same here with the Pathy? And I also notice there's two plug on the throttle body. Any help is appreciated. :confused:

Edited by hybridsr20

WoW

fastest reply possible would be to say that the search is all the way at the top right under the "INVISION" logo on the right third icon.

i can't help with anything else in that

dept though--sorry :huh:

Edited by 98silverpathy

I have a same question as hypidsr20, and nothing came up under "timing" search, except timing belt. I just changed cap and rotor and did not adjust the ignition timing. On my Integra, I would turn the rotor to adjust, but pathy rotor does not turn. Can timing adjustment be done on OBDII cars?

- Air conditioner off

- AT in Neutral

- Start engine and warm up fully, do not exceed 1000rpm

- Open engine hood and run engine at 2000rpm for 2 minutes under no-load

- Perform diagnostic test mode II (no idea if this is required)

- Run engine at 2000rpm for 2 minutes under no-load. Race engine (2000-3000rpm) two or three times under no-load, then run engine at idle speed.

- Turn off engine and disconnect TPS

- Start and race engine (2000-3000rpm) two or three times under no-load, then run at idle speed

- Check ignition timing with a timing light (crank has 5 marks, 0,5,10,15,20) should be 15 +/- 2 BTDC.

- Adjust timing if necessary by turning distributor after loosening securing bolts.

- Turn off engine and reconnect TPS