Fuel pump power issues

maddmark1981

So this is my second tow truck call in two weeks, the first time she quit while I was driving, then after I got it home I took the fuel pump out of the tank and it magically worked again, a week later it wouldn't start in the Canadian Tire parking lot, I have tested with a test light and here's what I got. 1. Power is going to the fuel gauge wire as well as the low fuel light sensor. 2. Fuel pump fuse looks fine. 3. Fuel pump relay is clicking, I swapped the relay with the main relay (both green, seated next to each other) but I'm not getting power to the pump, I took the unit and jumped it off my battery and it pumps fine. What could this be?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

93c1f9dda7421fa13a0440b9dffdc510.jpgad807db9991587447234d847317466a4.jpg

So now all the plastic caps that the wires went to are now busted off including the ground wire, so now I'm going to push the wires up through the holes and seal the holes off somehow.

Remember metal is a conductor. The plastic caps were there to prevent arching or a short. I don't know how the original pump looks like but you need to prevent the wired from touching any metal or from vibrations that could expose the bare wire.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2b198bfb3b6815b53029c6fa78d6cf50.jpg76bfa8da43bfe443c5c86df2ca05a8c4.jpg

Its coming along but I need a wiring diagram to know for sure where the wires hook into the other colored wires.

Does anyone have any idea where I could find this info?