Not a newb..

Geoffs91Pathy

Hey everyone. its been a few years away from a computer and my truck and im finally getting back into it. i used to have a 1989 nissan pathfinder se that i had SASed back in 05 with the 81 d44 i still have now under my 91. i tried to do a vh45 engine swap and failed miserably. i learned alot, like not to cut out the fire wall, or remove the frame lol, but when it was all said and "done" it was a utter mess and could not be fixed. i had it towed from house to house i moved from and to, letting my 1200 dollars in new tires rot away. trying to save it once by sending it to a ex-friends house to get work done and paying him 1600 to get it somewhat restored only led to losing that money and a friend and a transmission. prolly some other stuff. he took my money and started a custom shop. good for him. bad for me.

whatever.

Ive been around alot of forums and alot of trucks, some nice people and some jerks i thought were friends. but im here for a fresh start with my new truck and some old parts, to make a connection, add and help with information regarding my trials and errors. and hopefully go wheeling with some other cool nissans!

happy posting.

Damn, sounds like a harsh lesson, but then I think you have the right attitude. Sometimes you just have to stand back and say "Well, that didn't work!" (admit failure) to learn from it. As for people you thought were your friends, don't feel alone; been there myself...

Anyway, welcome back and you might find some good info (share some as well) in the Hardcore Custom Fab section. ;)

B