Need help with JB Weld for Aluminum Rims

maddmark1981

I was looking at different jb weld to fill in a few spots on these Rims but I'm wondering if it will be discolor or dark? The product in the tube is not shiney metallic , its dark.. so I didn't buy it.. You'll probably shoot me but I'm using the buffer with a 120 flapper type pad.8587eef396799745140b9908b3883383.jpg but there's hols I need to fill right? 39442f523c0db9f3cdbe5c8b7a635730.jpg

I did OK with my worst rim I think (Still needs much work, only Shaping right now eh)

1c271cf894e0c1219775d9a33a872f0f.jpgshe still got a few scars though, I'm wondering, had anyone ever done this before can throw me a line... Thanks

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

That was really hard to follow. But i think the question is will the JB weld cause a different color? Most likely, You're better off painting them. The heavy duty wheels and flappers are no ideal as they might scratch. Generally when prepping any surface for refinishing you want to start with a high grit (sandpaper or disk) to take the large imperfections (if any, if there is none, skip this part) and then working your way to softer paper to smooth out the surface and remove any of the marks made but the heavy grit wheels and papers.

This a fairly decent video explaining to how repair rashed wheels.

EDIT: Next time, don't make another thread with a clarifying question, just post again in your first thread. Thank you!

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123