Sunroof gasket

colinnwn

Has anyone replaced the weather stripping around the sunroof? If so how hard was it and do you have any pointers?

Mine has a small tear from a stick getting caught in it, and the floorboard gets wet when parked downhill in rain. I've been struggling with figuring out if my front sunroof drains are clogged or disconnected or something else.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'd be very surprised if your sunroof seal was causing this. The sunroof will leak a little bit always, it is what the drains are for. The pathfinder is the one car that I've owned that I havent' had to deal with water leaks on(yet!), but I would check your front sunroof drains, and then check your cowl drains to make sure that everything is flowing freely. A slight tear in a sunroof seal in my experience is not enough to cause water to get inside the cab.

Good Luck, water leaks can be infuriating!

Mine has a 6" chunk that's not sealed on the outside. Never had a drop inside from it. It's double sealed, outside and inside plus drains.

I do however sometimes have some moisture from the windshield seal that's shrunk and deteriorating. That's only in severe rain after sitting in it for a long time.

Edit: Didn't see this was in the R50 section. I'm taking about my '88 with the flip up sunroof. No experience with the R50 other than maintaining clean drains.

Edited by Kingman

• 10 months later...

Hi, I have a 99 R50 that is leaking in a hard rain. The gasket around the sunroof has a some tears in the back. I have both poured water down the drains and thena gallon of vinegar (why not I thought). The passenger side still makes a Sysiphusian "glug - glug snot-sucking sound." Water does come through the drain but more slowly (and noisily) than on the driver's side front drain.

I then used my shop vac to try to blow out what is inside the passenger side front drain. I couldn't get the shop vac to make a tight seal snf blow hard through the front drain. When I used the shop vac on the drive side front drain it didn't have a tight seal but made a nice hum sound all the way down.

I will have to look up cowl drains. Some of the water on the sunroof flowed backward and out behind the back tires.

Any suggestions appreciated, especially if I don't have to go the expense of a new gasket for the sunroof glass.

Ev F

Stock 99 Nissan Pathfinder 3.3L