Blinkers cut out while driving only

mo3chang

So like it says my blinkers cut out only when. My wd21 is moving over 10mph under that they work.

Recently I changed the spedometer cable with a new onefrom Thailand was supposed to be for Navara but it barely fit 82 inches. Had to get the girlfriends brother to order it manufactured there and mail it to me cost about $75. works fine I think my speedo is a little laggy the needle is a little jumpy till it hits the higher speeds.

But anyways I've changed my turn signal checked bulbs any ideas where else to look. Are the blinker indicators controlled by voltage regulator in anyway? If so that's my next step.

I'd really like to avoid taking apart v the dash it's just a PITA to do more than once ever

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Sounds like the flasher relay is dead, get your head under the steering wheel, you should see it clipped unto a plastic retainer somewhere around the upper back of the fuse panel. There's a bunch of wires back there so be careful you don't pull any of those out.

• Like 1

Sounds like the flasher relay is dead, get your head under the steering wheel, you should see it clipped unto a plastic retainer somewhere around the upper back of the fuse panel. There's a bunch of wires back there so be careful you don't pull any of those out.

Thanks I'll check it out.

I'm actually bummed cause I've hit up three different junkyards in so cal and only hand full of wd22 / dw / wd22 I was even looking a quest alternator and had to end up pulling one from a guy on craigslist

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I've got a somewhat similar problem with my (88 Pathfinder) blinkers (turn signal) where the blinkers work when the hazard switch is engaged, but not the individual left or right signals engaged. I've a thread in the 86.5-89 section ( http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/41107-voltmeter-and-water-temp-gauge-cut-out-and-turn-signal-problem/#entry768019 )before I saw this.

Any help is appreciated.

So the hazard switch works (both arrows flashing ok) but indicator pull up or down the individual arrows not working? Check front indicator globes, check the wiring behind them too. Sometimes rocks or twigs can catch on the wiring and rip it out of the socket. It's either that or you might need to check the headlight switch and stalk. Remove steering wheel cover and then you'll see two bronze screws, unclip the wiring connector then you'll have the headlight switch with stalk in your hands. Move the stick up and see if it's gummed up inside. These things have a tendency of gathering oily crap over the years. Try cleaning the switch out using tweezers and a rag to wipe the gunk off on. After cleaning it out from both top and bottom, if it's still not letting you indicate then you'll need a new headlight switch and stalk or source from wreckers.

So the hazard switch works (both arrows flashing ok) but indicator pull up or down the individual arrows not working? Check front indicator globes, check the wiring behind them too. Sometimes rocks or twigs can catch on the wiring and rip it out of the socket. It's either that or you might need to check the headlight switch and stalk. Remove steering wheel cover and then you'll see two bronze screws, unclip the wiring connector then you'll have the headlight switch with stalk in your hands. Move the stick up and see if it's gummed up inside. These things have a tendency of gathering oily crap over the years. Try cleaning the switch out using tweezers and a rag to wipe the gunk off on. After cleaning it out from both top and bottom, if it's still not letting you indicate then you'll need a new headlight switch and stalk or source from wreckers.

See update at http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/41107-voltmeter-and-water-temp-gauge-cut-out-and-turn-signal-problem/?do=findComment&comment=768091