ABS brake module...any experience?

captandy

getting a periodic what sounded like a right front bearing noise after hitting mild bumps... replaced bearing and still same noise... so i slammed on brakes at higher speeds and pretty sure abs wasnt functioning..at least not well,, any input on replacing module..? is there difference between 4x2 and 4x4..?

While I haven't replaced the module on the pathy, I have on another car, and it was very easy. The pathy isn't as easy as you have to bleed the module independent of the main system, I believe there is mention of how to do that in the FSM.

But what make you so sure its the abs module? Your should have some dash lights on for a failed abs system as it's suppose to check for function on every drive atleast I think it does. Have you checked for bad wheel sensors, corroded or dirty connection or improper sensor gap?

Start with those first if you haven't already done so, also check the troubleshooting instructions in the FSM as it's what a tech would use if you were to bring him the car.

Hope that helps.

-Kyle

IIRC the abs system does a self check at each startup. Kyle is correct though, if the system does in fact have some sort of failure, the abs light should come on. Find a reputable local mechanic with a scan tool cable of reading into the abs system, trust me, you don't want to just start guessing and throwing parts at it, it'll get real expensive and tedious very quickly.

• Like 1