Passenger side door latch problem

djratlif

I am working on my pathfinder currently correcting some issues and ran into one I can't seem to figure out. My passenger door will not open at all from the inside or outside. The latch seems to be froze up or something and I can't get it to unlock/open for the life of me. I hooked the unlock arm, or what I thought was the arm and tried to coerce it to open, but nothing so far. Any tip or tricks to doing this or am I taking the fender off and hinges and going that way? Thanks in advance, Derek

The handles move but just dont open the door, right?

If so, try pushing really hard on the door from the inside, and then the outside. Like, slam your body into it. Mine used to do that when my XL-sized roommate used to lean against the door.

Yes the door handles are hooked up, and the rods are still on them as well. They can be pulled but it won't do anything, almost as if it was locked. I will try to give it a hard shove, maybe its just stuck or something for now.

Tried to really shove on the door with the handle pulled, still nothing. Pretty sure the latch is stuck closed. If I pull the front fender and then try to pull the hinges, will the door come off, or will the latch still grab and hold it on? It seems like the latch would still grab and hold on. I don't wanna ruin anything but man this is getting old having my girl climb over the center console...

it adds character, and its a good chance to look at the booty though... ;)

But in all seriousness, that is a possibility. something easier to do though would be to remove the interior door panel, and see if you can see what the problem truly is. Also, dont shove on the the door with the handle pulled... slam into it, and then pull the handle.. sometimes with these trucks, being mean and just hitting stuff actually does work