Weird transmission issue please help. also Hi! new R50 owner =)

da_dude

Last month I just bought a automatic 2001 pathfinder le 4x4 with 103,000 miles from a private seller. When I first test drove it it ran nice and smooth with no issues at all. Only SES light on was for an O2 sensor (Bank 2) which I left alone. Drove it home an hour away no issues. Took it 4 wheeling and kept up with my buddies 95' toyota truck with 3" body lift on 33" tires. Still drove fine for another week or so then I took it in for the strut tower recalls. After that the nightmare began.

A week later I started her up and she began acting like there was a air leak, car started shaking really bad and rpm slowly dropped down to 500. Put it in drive and stepped on gas and felt like I wasn't getting any gas at all, wasn't really revving up right. Still drives but slowly, I mean snail slow. Felt like the transmission was "stuck" for lack of a better word. It just kind of sputters. Once it warmed up it drove a little better but still didn't fell right.

Plugged in OBD II reader and got the code P0745. Did some research but no one has ever had this code and had their car act like mine did or atleast not from what I could find. Now from a cold start it will make a loud whining noise from the intake then a few seconds later will shake really violently then drop in rpms while in park. It actually died on me this morning after sputturing for awhile. Turned it on again and attempted to drive it. after half a mile of sputtering and not even being able to get up to 20mph I turned around and parked it. Took it to my cousin who is actually a nissan tech and he told me that usually when this happens Nissan will suggest to just change out the whole transmission. He also said that the code P0745 which I'm sure ya know is the transmission pressure solenoid doesn't have anything to do with why my car is acting the way it is and that I should just replace the whole transmission cause if I do fix the solenoid issue it will come back because the transmission is messed up. That's the kind of answer I expect from the dealer not my cousin but maybe he has been brainwashed by Nissan so he is no longer any help to me lol. Maybe he is right which I hope not cause I don't have the funds to replace the tranny.

I've done a lot of research before choosing the pathfinder over the 4runner and I'm positive I made the right choice. Maybe it's just bad luck but I really like this car, at least when it was running right and REALLY do not want to get rid of it. I cleaned the MAF and checked the whole engine for an air leak but nothing. I did find that there is a misfire in cylinder 4, could that possibly be it? Before I go tearing the car apart I would really appreciate some input on what it could be cause as of now I don't have the slightest clue.

Go to the garage section and download the fsm. If you have a bad miss fire that can wreak havoc. Causing the ecm to go in limp mode.

Aa for the transmission work that after you get the idle sorted out.

Sent from fat fingers on S6

Edited by Rebelord

Now that I think about it maybe it's a dirty fuel filter. Going to change it tomorrow to see if that works. Was too focused on that new code to even think about the fuel filter. If it's not at least I can say I have a good fuel filter.

FSM- factory service manual

You might try and relearn the throttle sensor. It's easily done by sitting in the drivers seat with the doors closed. Keep your feet off the pedals and cycle the key to the on position(do not start) and leave it for 10 seconds. The turn the key off for 10 seconds. Repeat this 20 times then start and let idle for 10 minutes to get to operating temp. Then try and drive it to see if it helped.