TPMS light with beep and without beep?

Hello all. I have a 2003 Pathfinder. I was just wondering if there is a difference between the TPMS light coming with a tone, and the TPMS light coming on with no tone?

I used to get the tone (intermittently), and since they couldn't diagnose issue at the tire shop unless the light was on, I rotated tires, and left one at home until I narrowed down which tire was causing the issue.

I had the sensor replaced in that tire and all was good. Now, if I am driving on the freeway for about 30 minutes, the light will come on with no tone. If I turn the engine off and restart engine, the light remains off. I am wondering whether it is possible that it means "over inflation"? I noticed that the tire shop put all the pressures to 40 PSI. I lowered to 35, but haven't had a chance to travel that far yet.

Does anyone know what causes the tone versus no tone?

Thanks,

Mike

From the owners manual. It only comes on if the vehicle is driven over 20mph for 10 secs and the tire pressure is low. Should come on and beep or tone for 10 seconds. If its on, but no tone. May be bad tpms?

Not sure, you may be only one with it on here.