2002 Key Fob on a 2001

hi everyone,

i tried searching this but didn't find anything that answers my question directly

i have a 2001 that came with this key fob - http://www.ebay.com/itm/keyless-remote-entry-KBRASTU10-keyfob-OEM-phob-replacement-clicker-remote-fob-/370949007524?fits=Year%3A2001%7CModel%3APathfinder&hash=item565e48a8a4&vxp=mtr

is it possible for me to program this key fob from a 2002 instead? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-New-Keyless-Entry-Remote-Key-Fob-Clicker-Transmitter-Free-Programming-/291006821597?fits=Year%3A2002%7CModel%3APathfinder&hash=item43c15bb4dd&vxp=mtr

Edited by highriderx

Sounds like you already have your awnser. If you want to be really sure you can check when the smart entrance control systems changed (if at all) and then go from there.

i feel 95% confident it will work. i was actually hoping that someone here might have tried it already. its not an expensive test though so i will buy a paid and try it. thank you for your input and advice

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to follow-up on this, i did buy a pair on ebay and both programmed and worked perfectly

my only concern is that they're not branded 'nissan' key fobs, but i can live with that

• 3 weeks later...

@ highriderx

I was wondering the exact thing. My R50s build date was 07/2001 and its serial number (the last six of the vin) is above 567231. 2002 R50 models were built at the end of 07/2001 leading me to believe my entry system and keyless electronics would match the 2002 year.

Could you do me a favour and check your build date on the drivers side door jamb, and let me know what it lists, as well as the last six of your VIN?