New from New York

LILWB

Hi all!

My name is DJ, I am from Lng Island New York. I currently have an 02' Nissan Frontier. I came from the jeep world. I had an 08' wrangler rubicon that was on 37's. It was a beast but I had too much money into it and sold it to double my down payment on our new house. I had Picked up the truck about a year ago as a daily driver and utility vehicle and threw a set of 31's on it but now that the jeep is sold I'm going to start to build it into a wheeler. I dont want it to be the beast that my Jeep was, something more along the lines of an expidition rig that I can take the family camping with in isolated places far from pavement. Since I love it so much... one of the best vehicles I have owned I decided I wanted to pick up a 99.5' or 2000' pathfinder to use as my daily so that I can lay the truck up to do a SAS. I'm thinking about those years because of the updated exterior and it has the same drivetrain as is in my frontier so if anyhting does ever happen to either I can swap parts between the two.

I tried to post some photos but aparently Picasa URL's are no allowed. :angry:

Anyway, if anyone has a line on a 99' or 2000 that is for sale in the north east, let me know. Preferably looking for an SE but I'm not picky. Looking for a real clean truck and my budget will reflect that. Thanks everyone for leting me join the community! I'm also on the Facebook page.

Well, I can't help with the Vehicle For Sale part since I'm about as far away as possible in the US, but keep an eye out in the Classifieds section here and check out some of the mods you could do to the 99.5-2000 in the R50 section. Completely makes sense to have vehicles that share parts, I wish auto makers did that more often. Focus on making quality standardized components and let the engineers incorporate them into the design; not everything has to be custom.

Anyway, the R50 is a good choice, just look for rust, strut towers, timing belt changes every 105k, etc but I suspect you know that. Thanks for joining and good luck in the search!

Oh, might want to start a thread in the Classifieds/Wanted section as well, and photos have to be hosted elsewhere and the direct address entered in the image icon window. Someone will explain it better and there is a thread on it. http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/20781-how-to-post-a-photo/

B

Thanks I may try a WTB add. Many that I have seen here in the north east have rust in the rear wheel wells and finding a good one especially with the narrow production years I am looking for will be tough. I really like the one that green180 has up right now. I'm guna keep it fairly stock but may do a 2 inch lift to fit the 31's I currently have on the truck. They just look better that way.

I host my photos on picasa and for some reason it tells me that the URL is not allowed by this community. It works on other forums though....