Need help w/ my 2000 Pathy SE

MKLVN

So I was taken off roading by a couple friends over spring break and needless to say I fell in love with it. I worked with my old VW MK2 GTI and had quite a bit of modifications done to it but that was my street car and after going offroading I sold it and got my 2000 Pathfinder SE with 90k miles.

Of course, it's all stock as of now so I started researching but I am having a crazy hard time finding information on how to get her ready to take her off roading. I can't seem to find any information on how to give it a lift, though I don't think I really need one just yet. So my question to everyone is;

What should I look out for in my 90k miles 2000 SE as far as any common problems around this mileage?

And, whats the max tire size that'll fit on the stock wheels without rubbing? I'm okay with doing some trimming I just want to get out on the trails as soon as possible.

Money isn't endless but it's not the biggest concern of mine. I just really want to get into some mud as soon as possible and I'm having a damn hard time finding out what I need to do to get there! Thanks for all and any help, and I'm sorry if this isn't the right spot for this thread. I'm a 100% noob.

Welcome !

For the tire size with stock coils, I would say 30" or so... but more people will surely chime in.

I know you are not ready to install a lift, but if you go offroad, a front skidplate can save the day. Have a look at my site to read a bit more about spacers and such.

Cheers.

S.

there are plenty of threads on this site that will answer your questions as far as lifts go. Read through the R50 section . I'd look through the members rides section as well to get some ideas. in fact check out mine as it is the same year as yours.

as far as reliability goes, change all your fluids and you are getting close to the recommended timing belt and water pump replacement schedule.

I'd do that first before I did anything else.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome and the information! Loving your 2000 btw bushnut! Looks great.

I'll post up pictures of mine for ya in the morning!