Transmission Fun

tkpath2

Hi. I have a 2001 Path SE 4wd with manual trans.

Had rebuilt trans installed recently along with new RMS.

New RMS leaked so they reinstalled this week.

Just went to drive car after bringing it home the other night and stopped when I saw some fluid on ground.

Took a pic.

I'm under car looking up at right side of transmission.

Sorry pic is upside down (don't know how to flip it here) but fluid is pouring out of a linkage area .. can almost see inside trans casing.

Don't want to drive car .. not sure what kind of fluid it is or why it's coming out there (not a mech) but as it's Saturday and trans shop is closed .. anyone have any idea what happened?

thanks

pic%202_zpsydmrbvgj.jpg

That looks like your clutch fork. Usually there is a dust cover there. The transmission fluid, I dont believe should be that color. Looks like they put gear oil in there. With fluid coming out of there, that means your front seal is leaking.

If its engine oil, then thats your rear main seal. Which if they removed your flywheel and such. Could have somehow damaged it. Otherwise, they put gear oil in your transmission and its leaking from its front seal.

Brother. They supposedly replaced the rms. who knows. Is it that hard to replace a rms? They're a full service long time trans repair shop. This is the second time.

that's an interesting thought (old leakage).

the car was parked on an up slope-incline since I picked it up from shop so that worries me that the engine oil is draining into the trans thru the rms.

don't know why this is such a PITA. i thought the repair was easy and straightforward . install seal, install trans/clutch assembly ..done.