2001 Radiator Fan and Clutch Question

colinnwn

Hi,

I've got a couple questions on my radiator fan.

It is about 60 degrees F here today, and I tried spinning my radiator fan. I only ran the truck for a few minutes several hours before. The fan would only rotate about 1 inch after flicking the fan blade. That seems too stiff for it being this cool out. Does anyone know if this is about right? Or is my fan clutch possibly engaging at too cool of a temperature and needs replacing?

Also, on the fan I noticed some big cracks on the plastic hub. So I need to replace the fan, and maybe the clutch pending a decision on the above. Has anyone done this, and feel like it was easy/hard, or have any tips? Looks like I'll need to pull the upper radiator hose off, and pull the shroud off, and after that I'll have pretty easy access.

Thanks.

Hello,

I don't know about the fan clutch but I am about to change the fan blade in my 2002 later today. I'll give you some feedback when I'm finished. I can also give you the info on the fan blade if you need it. My blade sounds like it's in the same condition and I found a brand new one without the clutch.