Torque Pro not connecting to ECU

Rocko

Hi,

I´m new here and so is my 2004 Pathfinder. I have learnt quite a lot reading the various topics. It helped me extremely buying the, hopefully right, Pathfinder. I´m planing to install the manual Warn hubs. In order to compare the fuel consumption before and after, I bought the torque pro app an a bluetooth odb dongle.

My phone connects to the bluetooth dongle but the software or the dongle can´t connect and retrieve data from the ECU. I´m using the ISO 14230-4, ISO 9141-2 protocols for the interface.

Does anyone have experience with torque pro? Does this setup work with the r50 Pathy or is it just not working with mine?

Best wishes

Rocko

Yeah, I've successfully used torque pro many times on my 96 and know of people using it on a VQ equipped 01', so it should work.

Is the ignition on when you try to run a scan? Have you set up a profile for the pathfinder in torque to give it some basic starting points?

You lost me at the ISO protocol stuff, but I guess for one last question, what Bluetooth obd reader did you get your hands on?

-Kyle

The ignition is on and i have set up a profile. I have tried several settings in this profile but nothing seems to work. I´m using a mini elm327 bluetooth adapter.

Hmm, well i can see as being different and possibly the issue is the scanner,

I bought this one, and it has worked like a charm in all of the cars i have used them in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-V1-5-OBDII-OBD2-CAN-BUS-Bluetooth-Auto-Car-Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-/181088603078?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a29b8cbc6

Sorry for the lack of anything helpful in this post, but that's all i got...

-Kyle

I just wanted to make sure that it will work at all. I had solder a bridge into the odp plug in my last car to make it work. Maybe I have to bite the bullet and buy another bluetooth adapter.

Hi Ferrariowner, try to connect a 2002 Tiburon to an obd reader - not happening without modification. It seems that auto parts are a litte bit more expensive in Canada. But you´re right maybe i just have to bite a 22.

@5523 will check the fuses to make sure. thanks for the info

Short update.

Checked fuses, all ok

Tried it with a second bluetooth adapter, didn´t work

I´ve found a video on youtube on how to diagnose the obd port with a multimeter. Guess I have to try that.