Hey there! New member from Nor Cal. R50.

RCAR50

Hi,
My name is Jim. My wife, Michelle, and I and our family live in Northern Ca, (Chico) and we just purchased a 96 XE 2wd 5sp (now known as Blondie) almost a year ago. I've been a member of thenissanpath site but its a bit slow and Im hoping for more activity on this site.
I have wanted a 91-95 for along time but once I saw this 96' I liked it and the price was right, I just wish it was 4wd. The next one will be.
I plan on using this mostly as my DD and to take my wife, kids and dogs on some back road trips on the weekends.
I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning a lot more about this truck and doing a few upgrades to it as funds allow.

This thing is still pretty stock expect for a set of tired 31x10.50r15s which are about to be replaced.

Heres a couple pics of it after we got it home and washed it up, once I figure out how to post them...

See ya on the inside!

Welcome Jim, and thanks for the intro!

I'm curious about your 2wd Pathy... Is it a manual or auto tranny, what is the gearing (there is a plaque under the hood on the passenger firewall, bottom right will say HG43 or HG46 (4.36 or 4.63 gears)), what size tires, and what I'm really after, what is the gas mileage you are getting?

I want to see if there is a significant difference from the 4wds... ;)

B

Hey Precise,

It a VG33 5spd manual trans, the gearing is 4.36 (HG43), Japan built (Kyushyu plant) came stock with P235/70R15s, the pictures above show it wearing the 31x10.50s and the picture below shows it with the LT285/70R17on the back (I might have said they were 75s in a previous post, I was wrong, sorry) , the fronts will be on in a week or so, I'm ordering my wheels adapters tonight.

With the larger wheels my speedo is off (slow) by about 7mph at 55 on the gauge (radar shows actual speed at about 62mph at that speed, 48-49 on the gauge is actually 55mph and when the gauge reads 60 I'm doin' roughly 69-70mph.

As for the gas mileage I read it averages about 15per gal 21 on the highway. I really don't pay much attention or calculate it, I drive about 40 to 50 miles a day and differs greatly on the weekends depending on our plans and I just top it off once a week, I'm usually sitting near a quarter tank. I reset the trip at the last fill up and can report back if I remember to check it when I refuel.

I'd be happy to share any other info if your interested, I'll be asking a lot of questions on this site over time and will be happy to answer some if and when I can.

Here is the stink bug look with just the rear sporting the new wheels and 285/70T15s... I haven't done anything to the suspension yet, but 2" spacers are in the not too distant future, should have an amazing stance after the 1.5" adapters in front, new wheels all around and the lift, But it'll still be 2wd. I have been pleasantly surprised at its off road abilities for being one legged though, I can't wait to upgrade to a 4wd Pathy...

20150120_132044_zpsrw2bow3h.jpg