newbie here, power and cat questions.

sgtplatt2011

My poor pathfinder has no power over 3000rpm, I checked my power valve, it's ok. No vacuum leak s. When WOT, I'm reading about 4lbs of boost in the intake. Sounds like cats are bad. I also have a cel for bank 1 sensor 2 o2 sensor.

I ordered a pair of precats, can anybody tell me how hard they are to change? They look like a real pita, but are they bolted, or have studs on the manifold? On a level of 1 to 10, how bad are they? I have a decent garage, with everything but a lift.

Thanks all,

Len

2001 SE, bone stock and fully loaded.

Parked on grass by po, so some surface rust underneath

14x,xxx miles. automatic.

My poor pathfinder has no power over 3000rpm, I checked my power valve, it's ok. No vacuum leak s. When WOT, I'm reading about 4lbs of boost in the intake. Sounds like cats are bad. I also have a cel for bank 1 sensor 2 o2 sensor.

I ordered a pair of precats, can anybody tell me how hard they are to change? They look like a real pita, but are they bolted, or have studs on the manifold? On a level of 1 to 10, how bad are they? I have a decent garage, with everything but a lift.

Thanks all,

Len

2001 SE, bone stock and fully loaded.

Parked on grass by po, so some surface rust underneath

14x,xxx miles. automatic.

Sensor 2 is for detecting cat failures so id say you're right, but I've never had to deal with it before, so i cant say for sure.

As far as changing them, be glad you don't have a 96! They put my cat's up by the firewall, before moving them down on the later models.

Ultimately it comes down that awful thing every car guy hates... RUST!! i'd recommended hitting all your nuts with some WD-40 or PB blaster a couple of times, maybe even a day or two before changing them out. I'm unsure if they are studs or not, but if it becomes an issue, say you were to break something while trying to loosen them up, you can drill out the stud, and just run some decent hardware from Home Depot or any hardware store.

Hope that helps Len

-Kyle