Engine and transmission removal

RobbieMac

Can anyone help me? I can't find info on removing and replacing a TD27engine - turbo - and auto trans. I am looking at doing this in my 1994 Terrano R3M. The best I can find is warnings to be careful doing it but I would like detailed information please if anyone can help. Pictures are good, too. If anyone has already posted this on NPORA could I please be directed to it. Thanks

G'day Craig

I'm probably buying a 1991 Turbo diesel auto for parts: I'm mainly after a good auto trans but this one is much lower mileage than my 1994 and expect to transplant the complete engine/trans/transfer case. Also wheels - I need a couple of good tyres to get the '94 roadworthy and registered. The '91 had a roadworthy certificate on it 5 months ago so there are probably some front end bits worth transferring over, too. Not sure yet whether to do a swap of parts and sell the '91 complete, sell parts separately or keep stuff for myself. I would almost certainly be selling the engine - it seems good to me but I'm not yet used to diesels and the various noises they make! It's done 314,000 kms.