ECU LED relocation

deerhurst

A couple of us over on Infamous Nissan are working on relocating the LEDs for use for diagnostics and such. With this there will be no need to remove the passenger seat to see the LEDs blinking or with a bench seat, drive around sitting on a bucket. This is to be done using the consult port under the dash.

We think we have the it sorted for at least the early 90s rigs and maybe the 88 and 89. We are still working on ones for the 86.5 rigs as the consult port seems to be different from the 88 and 89. If anyone has photos of their port and wire colors for the 86-89 that would help alot. If anyone has done this on any year, your input to what pins/wire colors to use would be invaulable.

A link to our thread over on IN. The first few pages is just everything from everywhere on the forum put together.

http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31769

Edited by deerhurst

In the 4 door pathfinders at least you don't need to remove the seat to access the ECU, sliding it fully forward gives enough access to the ECU, not sure on the 2 door pf's on how much access there is.

Looking forward to doing this mod in my 93 HB when i get it back from my mechanic.

the 4 door pathfinder has the LED's and the knob to switch modes at the rear of the ECU, no idea why on the hardbody they put the knob and LED's facing the center of the truck..