Front suspension parts - which brands ?

Hi All,

I have a 2005 (built March 2005 ) R50 out in the South Pacific with 220,000km on the clock (we also have a black 2003 with 360,000km ) I've got the dreaded "clunk" in the front suspension. Have narrowed it down to the right front ball joint. I cant get any parts out here for these R50's anymore so we have to import them. I usually am restricted to Amazon as the shipping rates are favourable and so far reliable delivery.

I want to replace both ball joints / sway bar links / tie rod inner and outer ends. Any ideas on whats the best brand between Beck Arnley / Moog / AC Delco ? All look good online !

Cheers - Fijipathy

Edited by Fijipathy

Hi..

I used moog ball joints in the past with very good results..They are still on my rig..

Fleury's,

Thanks for the reply - as im so far away from being able to check physically any parts , its great to get some feedback. I did trawl the forum last night and had decided that Moog was probably the way to go, even though the Beck Arnley product "looks" better online. I have to order it all at the same time and get it packaged and sent in one box to get the best shipping rates. I saw a guy called Rob on the forum who has supplied parts to forum members but not sure about ease of shipping to me.

i`m pretty sure he only ships to USA and canada... you`re probably talking about alkorahil (something like that ..)

Yes,

alkorahil - I just checked. Will contact him as i've got someone in the US he could ship to and they could send it on to me.

I've used Beck-Arnley in my wheel bearings, but I would generally say that Moog makes a high quality product, (used them for other suspension components), and recommend them highly.

• Like 1

Just checking on Amazon and read a customer review of Amazon selling Moog tie rods. Cutomer was very unhappy at amazon selling a Korean derivative and says it is inferior. Cant take the risk of flying it all the way here and its second rate product. Where do you guys buy your Moog products from ?

on my part, it`s at a auto part store that is a moog reseller... But I have to say, it happened to me too that I bought a moog tie-rod, and what was in the box was NOT the moog model... Lucky for me I had the picture and part number on a piece of paper and was able to show the clerk that this box had been somehow tempered with... He ordered me a new one and the the right part was in.... so it`s a gamble if you have the part shipped i guess.

• Like 1