Brush Guard

Rogueyooper

I know where I can get a toyota 4-runner stock brush guard. My question is, size/width-wise would it fit/be able to welded on the front of my 2003 Pathfinder? Thoughts?

Thanks, Rogueyooper

Why not just get a Nissan R50 stock brush guard and just bolt it on? A brush guard is a brush guard, no need for complicating things... :shrug:

B

• 3 weeks later...

I had a brush guard, it was a waste of time. Bloody thing stuck out too far & would hit the ground at the slightest hill ascent/descent. IMHO they cut down your angle of approach way too much, if you just want it for looks on the street that's fine but for any half serious off roading that's not level ground I wouldn't have one. I ditched mine for a winch bumper. :aok:

you just want it for looks on the street

Exactly! Stupid thing is aluminum, mounts on the underside only (read damage amplifier) and weighs about 7 lbs (center section only).

We got it so we can 'nudge' another vehicle and the 'don't cut me off' factor of having a bar up front.

Useless or a liability otherwise, but who am I to shatter a dream? :shrug:

B

• Like 1

Exbrit has a valid point. My aluminum light holder is more of a hinderenc than useful but, I like the way it looks in the parking lot. If I were to take it offroad again, I'd put it on Craigslist and invest in a steel bumper.

• Like 1