Strut spacers

PrestonBurns

Unless you drop the sub-frame it will change the angle of the CV... I think you can get away with an inch maybe two.. But not more.. Check out fleurys He's a vendor on here.

• Like 1

Unless you drop the sub-frame it will change the angle of the CV... I think you can get away with an inch maybe two.. But not more.. Check out fleurys He's a vendor on here.

Yeah, it'd only be an inch to level out the ride.

This was just before I dropped my sub-frame..

SFD3_zps7f328ac1.jpg

You'll basically have to remove the front wheels, remove camber bolts (The hub assy. will want to pivot downwards so I used a tie-down to secure it in place temporarily), disconnect the front sway-bar from the strut, remove the strut and spring assemblies, install your spacers and then put everything back together. Make sure your brake lines are clear too! :aok:

• Like 1

This was just before I dropped my sub-frame..

SFD3_zps7f328ac1.jpg

You'll basically have to remove the front wheels, remove camber bolts (The hub assy. will want to pivot downwards so I used a tie-down to secure it in place temporarily), disconnect the front sway-bar from the strut, remove the strut and spring assemblies, install your spacers and then put everything back together. Make sure your brake lines are clear too! :aok:

Clear brake lines as in no fluid in them or not going to pinch them?

Edited by PrestonBurns

Clear as in routed correctly in stock locations to not pinch em.

Doing them the first time is the worst only because you need to remove the strut assembly to change the upper mount bolts. But put in some some 2" ones. So that way if you want to go bigger, its easier.

• Like 1

I'll try....

- raise the truck

- remove wheel

- remove the 3 top bolts that retains the strut. They are under the hood, where the strut tower is.

- remove the 2 big bolts that attach the strut to the knuckle. This is where the break rotor is.

- remove the strut

- compress spring

- dismantle the strut by removing the top nut

- take the top plate (the one with the bolts pressed fit in) and bring it to a vise where the plate is sitting and you can hammer out the bolts

- install the spacer on the top plate by threading the spacers with the longer bolts supplied

- re-install the top plate on the strut by screwing the top nut. At that point you have in this order from bottom to top : strut,top plate,spacer

- release the spring tension from the compressor

-re-install the strut.

You will need some camber bolts in order to have an alignment. I personally use the ones from ingalls : http://www.ingallseng.com/81260-14mm-fastcam-bolts_pair.html

• Like 2

I have Steve's 1' HDPE spacers on mine & at extreme extension my angle is about 27 degrees, I think spec is 33 degrees max so I'm well within tolerance.

Make sure to support your stub axle as CNAM said, if the hub drops to far you can pull the shaft out of the CV joint or worse. Putting that right is a pita! :headwall::togo::pullhair:

• Like 1