safari bull bars

thorpe991

From what I understand, the pre-facelift Pathys ('96-99.0) have a shallower front bumper. The face-lift R50's ('99.5-'04) have a longer snout. I think that the post face-lift can be modified by drilling shallower mount points to make it "snug". It should be easy to modify if the bar is aluminum.

From what I understand, the pre-facelift Pathys ('96-99.0) have a shallower front bumper. The face-lift R50's ('99.5-'04) have a longer snout. I think that the post face-lift can be modified by drilling shallower mount points to make it "snug". It should be easy to modify if the bar is aluminum.

so if i understand what your saying is it will mount with no modification but will stick farther forward / farther away from the bumper on the pre face lift pathys

Edited by thorpe991

Not positive. I just recall a discussion a couple of years ago about this subject. The bar mounts to the frame behind the bumper with four bolts. The frame did not change with the face-lift, just the skin/plastics. I have the brush guard (aluminum light holder) on mine and this is how it is mounted on mine.

Not positive. I just recall a discussion a couple of years ago about this subject. The bar mounts to the frame behind the bumper with four bolts. The frame did not change with the face-lift, just the skin/plastics. I have the brush guard (aluminum light holder) on mine and this is how it is mounted on mine.

ok so that would make sense so all i would have to do is drill new holes to make it fit tight to the bumper

i want it just for looks not so much for protection

Trust me, there is no protection from these aluminum "guards". Mine is purely cosmetic and turns out to be a great place to mount the off-road lights. It is as useless as the tail-light guards. I'm pretty sure that they would cause more damage that if they were not mounted. :lol:

Trust me, there is no protection from these aluminum "guards". Mine is purely cosmetic and turns out to be a great place to mount the off-road lights. It is as useless as the tail-light guards. I'm pretty sure that they would cause more damage that if they were not mounted. :lol:

ya im pretty sure im going to get the safari guard as a full brush guard is to price for me at the moment