rear shocks

thorpe991

hi im going to lift my pathfinder with spacers at the end of the month and im going with 1.75" in the rear i was told that i could run the stock shocks but i would lose 1.75" of upward travel

i would rather keep my up travel the same or close to it. i found on summit racing two shocks that look like they might work they are

1. Pro Comp Suspensions part# 114500 ( is 1.74" longer than stock at extended)

Description Shock Absorber, ES1000, Heavy Duty Replacement, Twin-Tube Straight Can, Black Shock Boot Included, Each

Adjustable No

Body Diameter (in) 1.750 in.

Boot Color Black

Boot Included Yes

Bushing Color Black

Bushing Material Rubber

Collapsed Length (in) 9.850 in.

Extended Length (in) 14.940 in.

Gas Charged No

Internal Design Twin-tube

Lower Mount Eyelet

Upper Mount Eyelet

2. DJM Suspension part# 1509 (is 2.3" longer than stock at extended)

Description Shock/Strut, Gas, Twin-Tube, Driver Side, Rear, Chevy, GMC, Pickup, SUV, Each

Adjustable No

Body Diameter (in) -

Boot Color -

Boot Included No

Bushing Color Black

Bushing Material Polyurethane

Collapsed Length (in) 10.250 in.

Extended Length (in) 15.500 in.

Gas Charged Yes

Internal Design Twin-tube

Lower Mount Eyelet

Upper Mount Eyelet

Both have upper and lower eyelet mounts which is what mine has the DJM one is a little longer than the pro comp one and they are both longer than stock. on summitracing they say stock has a stud but i have looked at the ones on my pathfinder and they are both eyelet mounts

which ones would you guys go with or that you know would work?

Edited by thorpe991

I was going to go with the es1000's for my truck (d21) but ended up spending a bit extra and getting the es3000 and so far loving them, stiffer but that's the ride I am looking for, I heard that the es1000 are even stiffer but that's looking at reviews. I used them as stock replacements, not too concerned about extra length and collapse length. I can't say too much for DJM never used them never looked them up. Personally I would go for the pro comps reason being, less collapse length. But that's my opinion.

I'm looking for a stiffer ride in the rear overall because I haul alot of scrap metal and since I broke my truck the pathfinder is now the scrap hauler but with a trailer with the truck I usually haul around 700-800 pounds I know I can't do that with the pathfinder but if I can get 400-500pounds ill be happy

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Hmm in that case I might go for the 3000's instead of the 1000's might be a little softer but it will have a lot more life, I ended up paying 45$ a shock and I think the 1000's were 35$ a shock. I hope my advice helps :)