My project thread

thorpe991

I have only recently became a pathfinder owner and am a newbie to this site but I find myself starting topics that interest me or that I have changed my mind on from a difrent post so I am now only going to post my ideas for modification in here as it changes as much as Taylor swift changes boyfriends

1. Custom intake - done Posted Image

2. Custom bumper - on the drawing boardPosted Image

Posted Image

I know that they suck but Oh welI i plan on makeing it all out of 2" pipe as I have yet to see a r50 with a tube bumper hopefully I see some progress on this soon

3.lift - on hold

I plan on doing the 1.5" spacers up front and the 1.75" spacers in the rear

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

re did my intake again :rolleyes: went from a 6" tube(in length) to a 4" tube

i don't know how well its going to work but its for Saturday only so but i made a guard out of cardboard for my air filter because there's a mud run this weekend and the road to get there is a pit in its self so it made me think that if i get in to any mud or water where it hits the fan its going to cover my air filter and it doesn't cut much space away from the air filter to pull air all it dose is but a wall between the filter and the fan and it gets bent over by the hood i tested it to see if the intake would move it at all or if the wind would move it by going down the road at 60-65 mph and hammering on it and it didn't move and the road was went (little confused why as it hasn't rain but owell) and the card board was spotted but not soaked so i think it will do :jig:

so Friday i received the shocks for my lift from summit racing but dumb me order the wrong ones so they are on the way back to get a exchange for the right ones (dropped off at the post office on Saturday (11/10/13) on Saturday i received my lift from Jeff i am very happy with it looks like good quality stuff and for only 170 shipped im happy

on Thursday i got my muffler and have been waiting to not be busy to put that on hopefully i get it on with no issues on Monday as its a holiday and i don't work and if i get that done in a timely fashion(should only take me 30mins) i will start with the front lift and if that gets done quick i will do the rear and then when i get the shocks from summit ill put them on

so Friday i received the shocks for my lift from summit racing but dumb me order the wrong ones so they are on the way back to get a exchange for the right ones (dropped off at the post office on Saturday (11/10/13) on Saturday i received my lift from Jeff i am very happy with it looks like good quality stuff and for only 170 shipped im happy

on Thursday i got my muffler and have been waiting to not be busy to put that on hopefully i get it on with no issues on Monday as its a holiday and i don't work and if i get that done in a timely fashion(should only take me 30mins) i will start with the front lift and if that gets done quick i will do the rear and then when i get the shocks from summit ill put them on

today i painted the muffler bright green (yes it is 500 deg ceramic paint) i plan on painting my rear diff cover and the shocks with the same paint

• 2 weeks later...

All in and I no longer rub with the 31s but I tried to put a pair of 33s under it today that my friend has and that's a no go so I'm stuck with 32s for now �

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

so i think i may still be able to go with 33s because the 33s my friend has are on 17" x 8" rims and today i was talking to one of my othere friends that has 33s on a 16" x 8" rims and his tire mesure just under 33 like 32 1/2 - 32 3/4 i did not mesure the 33s on the 17" rim but when i put them on i couldent even lower the jack all the way and when we rolled one of the 33s on a 16 rim by my tire it fit in the wheel well but i could tell it would rub anytime i turned

im thinking that since i have 15" x 10.5" rims with 33s i should end up having enuff room to fit if i take off my mud flaps in the front ( they dont do any good my tires stick out past them) but before i buy the tires im going to try and hunt down a set of 33s on 15 x8 or 15 x10 rims to see how they look set up by mine

im guessing the smaller rim made the tire ballon more and sit a little wider and lower than the 17 as there was more side wall

so im thinking with a wider rim and a smaller rim it will end up makeing the tire closer to a 32 in true height as the 31s on the rear on my 15 x 10.5 end up being 30s and the 265 75 s on the front ended up being 29.5s thats with about 7000 - 10000 miles on the fronts and 1000 - 2000 on the rear tires

Edited by thorpe991

• 3 months later...