question about keyless remote and replacement keys

96se4x4

When I bought my 96 Pathfinder it didn't come with a keyless remote.The po said he lost it. I want to replace it.But from what I've seen there are two different remotes. the Kobuta3t, and the Kobuta2t.How would I know which one works on my Pathfinder.

My 2nd question.My Pathfinder also only came with one key.I tried to have a copy made and was told by several places including a locksmith that mine was too worn to make a copy. I was told by the locksmith that if I take a the lock out of one of the doors there is a number on it that they can use to make keys.I just wanted to see if anyone has heard of that before I take my door apart.Thanks in advance for any info you can give me on these two questions. I tried searching the forums with no luck.

I got a generic remote off of Fleabay, works great! I did have my old remote though & I can't remember if I had to use the old one to "teach" the new remote the code, I'll try to remember. :scratchhead:

This might help.......... http://www.triple-c.com/How_to_find_your_cars_lock_or_key_code.cfm :itsallgood: