Power Window no worky?

SkiBumBrian

Do your power windows not work? Can you hear the motor working but window doesn't move or stays in the down position?

I did a search and found ZERO aftermarket sources that had the back passenger regulators for a 4D. I am sure they are available through Nissan($$$) but figured I could fix them myself.

This is the problem area: The tab on the cable breaks loose from its plastic housing and no longer ties the window to the regulator.

I just pulled the regulator, cleaned tab and housing area where the tab sits with brake cleaner and used JB Weld to reconstruct (probably better than original) the seat and contact between the cable and regulator housing.

If anyone is remotely interested in this fix I can take more pics or even film the procedure but it is pretty straightforward. Here is a pic of the problem area and the regulator laying on my dining room table curing, ready for reinstall in 5-6 hours. I will be starting the drivers side this afternoon, I just cant decide if I should document it or not...

IMG_0051_zps740e5e72.jpg

Interesting where yours broke. Mine broke at the wheel part on the bottom or top of the regulator, don't remember exactly as its been many years. I assume yours is the more common failure point. Its where almost all regulators in different makes break.

I thought that could have been the case seeing I could not find any online. All done and windows work fine. I will probably do a mock up procedure in the next week or so as soon as I am sure the JB Weld works. Heck, I have fixed a cracked VeeWee block with it, it should hold a window regulator together....

:aok:

v

I think the Rear motors/regulators are the same as the front - by which i mean its the same part number, front or back door.

Just FYI, front and back regulators are NOT the same, no even close to the same length. I was at P&P today and was curious in case my fix doesn't hold...