What size tire with lift?

abomb1

How big a tire has anyone used when lifting their Pathfinders with the 2" coil lift from AC? I was planning on getting 265/75R16's, unless I could get away with the 285/75R16's. I will be getting 16x8 wheels with 4.5" backspacing.

On a side note, does anyone know what the stock backspacing is on the SE wheels that I have?

Edited by abomb1

I second that. What is the stock back spacing, lug nut spacing, for a 2001 and up PF. I would like to get a set of Rock Crawlers Black for my PF when it’s time to get a new set of tires. I would something slightly wider then stock and that doesn’t rub. I have a 1 inch OME lift. Thanks..

lug nut spacing is 6 on 5.5 or 6 on 139.7 depending on how they display it, but I really want to know the backspacing. (Not enough to go out in the -20 degree weather and try measuring though :huh: )

Check your owners manual. Mine listed the offset for my wheels, and from that I calculated the offset. Your manuals might list it also) Many Nissan trucks/SUV's have around 5" backspacing (mine turned out to be 5.08 or something close to that) ;)

I put 245/75/16 on black Rockcrawler wheels and they rub a bit at 70% plus turn in reverse. That sucks, especially since it's rubbing on the front of the wheelwell (near the middle, not just the edge). I'm not sure I can trim it there. It'll stop when the tire wears down a bit :P

Edited by Flyer

Guest 03PathChilkoot

I have a 2003 Pathfinder, Chilkoot Cdn model, 5 speed manual. I am looking to replace the terrible OEM tires with something that has more traction in the ice/snow/mud but still allows for a half decent ride on the pavement. At this point I am contemplating the Bridgestone Dueler Revos as they seem to have the most positive reputation out there.

My question is on size of tire to replace my stock 245 70 16s. Does anyone know what the maximum size before issues will appear (wheelwell rubbing and any drive train potential issues)?

I realize the speedometer will be affected but am more concerned with any detrimental mechanical issues from appearing. My objective is to get a meaner looking tire than the current small rounded ones. I am also considering a liftkit (1" or 2"?) but proably not until next year. Having said that, please consider the tire size that you recommend to me in this forum and would the tire size look too small after a 1" or 2" lift kit is eventually in place?

Appreciate all comments.

Cheers,

M

:beer: