Greetings from beaverton

Danfiveten

Hey, just got a 95 pathfinder, 211k se, ok outside, worn hard inside, owners didnt like to roll windows up. Love hard body's but with kids needed 4 doors. Only issue she has is cel which doesn't come on at idle but does whphen you move. I'm not new to nissans, I'm a 510 guy since I was born, and into se-r's. but I sold my sentra since we have a g20 so I could get something a little bigger with the family. Here are some pics of all my cars in next post.

Also I got her for 1k

pathi2.jpg

pathi.jpg

Like I said someone left windows open in the rain lol.

pathi3.jpg

Then my 510's. purple was my first car. And blue is completely preserved. 99.5% stock, never restored. She hardly leaves the garage.

510beauty1-1.jpg

5103-1.jpg

My dads hardbody

s155.photobucket.com/user/danfiveten/media/ashli/hardbodyfogcovers.jpg.html]hardbodyfogcovers.jpg[/url]

• Like 1

That is a beautiful 510. I long to own an original old Japanese car from that era. There is a guy riding around town here that has a "cherry" Toyota wagon that I always bend my neck watching him drive by. He's going to cause me to rear-end someone someday. :lol:

Thanks for the introduction and the pics. Welcome to our side of the Nissan family! :aok:

Edited by devonianwalk

Thats her, Art Hughes was the owner since she came off the lot, unfortunately he passed away last December :( He asked that our family purchase her, because he knew we would take care of her, he had some people look at her that kept talking about modifying her, and he did not like that. Also she has taken on a nickname after him, Art is what she is known as in the datsun community now. Heres some more pics since im not on the ipad, and it wont be such a pain to post links.

b40586ad-0ff0-41e0-9884-f9b8ebd4dd7a.jpg

51012.jpg

510182.jpg

510beauty2-1.jpg

I won best of show and best stock 510 at Canby this year. best.jpg

5105.jpg

Will have more pics of the pathfinder up, and some questions to ask later.

Art with the car about a year before passing.

P8300081.jpg

Another of my purple dime.

5103.jpg

My dads red 510.

redblue.jpg

My dads 68 project, 000370 one of the few super low vins out there, 2nd lowest we know of, but the lowest is supposedly a rust bucket and never been seen.

best.jpg

Inside my dads shop.

garage.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to NPORA!

Too funny that Trogdor recognised that car immediately! It is nice to see a bone stock car that old.

I like Art too, with his pants up to his ribcage. RIP Art.

As for your CEL, go to the Garage section and download a 1995 FSM from the pinned topic and then go to the Garage/How To section and read on how to read the codes stored in the ECU. That should be a good starting place. I have some door panels in the same color at maybe 85%, but shipping would probably cost more than they are worth. You should be able to fund some replacements locally fairly easily.

B

Welcome to NPORA!

Too funny that Trogdor recognised that car immediately! It is nice to see a bone stock car that old.

It is insanely rare to find a 68-73 510 of any variety (sedan,coupe, or wagon) that hasn't been modified. It was one of my favorite dimes for that reason, and I always hoped if it found a new owner it would stay the same. I talked to him for about 30 minutes one time, just a neat guy, sorry to hear he passed.

There is one for sale on ratsun.net for under 1k. I had just sold my shell here 4 months ago, i had a nice SSS shell with every part to finish, but im disabled, lower lumbar fusion, and apparently cant work on anything thats a project like that anymore :(.

And i love the car just as it is, and it will always stay stock as long as its in teh family. Theres only 2 other dime out there that are almost as stock as Art is. And he was a great guy, i know him since i was under 10. He was part of the family, like a grandfather to me :(

Art is just beautiful. I'd prefer it over a Mustang or Corvette of similar year and condition. Anyone can pull off a nice custom. Keeping them original is way more difficult of a task to achieve.

Keeping them original is way more difficult of a task to achieve.

Trust me, there is WAY to much truth in your statement. Its hard not to want to change anything, but then i love the car as is. I used to drool over her when i was around 5-6 years old when i first saw her, and it got worse over the years, so when i had the chance to buy her, i had to, truthfully my dad bought he from art, and i bought her from my dad since i just had another kid and no cash at the time, so my dad kind of held her for me, plus he really loved art as well...our whole family did, we wanted him to be assured that his car would be taken care of as he did. At least she sits in a garage now, with him he had a car port only with a club, a gas club whatever its called, kill switch, and alarm :)...now she sits in my garage, which is baricaded with my purple 510 (id be just as pissed if she got stolen though) and one of the dailies, usually the g20, the pathfinder gets to sit on the street.

I plan on this weekend going to the yard, grabbing some stuff for the pathfinder, i know a site to get stock paint colors, i want to repaint and reclear the hood, bug guard, weather techs, new tires, fix the cel, clean up the interior..ALOT... and put my usb stereo on it, hate not having my +20 gig mini flash card full of music to listen to.

That white wagon in Santa Cruz? I saw that one. I'm sorta derided out by its my uncles, but the pictures are from a junkyard. That little 4 door is close to me, but I sorta want a wagon.

• 1 month later...