Pathfinder parts into hardbody

cvdloc

Hey guys, so if none of you heard my pathy got smoked in the rear and the guy took off, still runs, frame and gas tank / drive train intacted but claims Called it a write off.

I'm looking into hardbodys now because this is a truck I would love to sas it lift it and swap the motor out for a 4bt or the pathfinders v6 now I have a couple questions:

-how interchangeable are these parts to one another? Etc same frame? Would be awesome for an easy engine swap!

-how hard is it to swap to coils in the rear when I lift it? Maybe copy cat the rear of the pathy?

-what issues should I look for? I am looking at an 87 hustler, no rust on frame but 417xxx km on motor! Starts up no issues, runs nice and smooth no leaks at all, steering is a bit loose but not terrible at all, only got it into 2nd gear (only had a parking lot to test drive it in) no rust on body except rear corner of the box got dinged. He isn't asking much for it 1000$ I might pick it up after work

The reason why I might go for this is because the frame is in mint condition, only surface rust, no holes, it's a clean canvus for any swap. The pathfinder runs like a champ, rear axle makes loud raddling loud when I let go of the gas? Not sure that that is.. I might start taking it apart looking at how things are, selling for parts etc. maybe use some in the hardbody!

Unfortunately my love the pathy is now off the road for good :( but tons of parts will be up for grabs! Why not make it live threw donations ;) anyways let me know what you guys think! Thanks and have a good day!

Everything from the cab forward will swap. The biggest differences are body mount height and gas tank location.

You could do links and coils in the back, but you will need to run a 3-link if you keep the stock gas tank. You can go to a 4-link if you fit the Pathfinder tank where the spare would normally be located. Either way you go you will need to fabricate coil buckets and link mounts.

I noticed that (body height), I bought the hardbody yesterday. I was looking at the transmission, is that the same as the pathfinder manual? Looks very very fimiliar.

The good thing is the gas tank in the pathy is only 18 months old, along with the fuel pump (thanks to the inexperience of Canadian tire auto shop) so i would be tempted to swap.

Also yesterday I had the chance to look at both trucks side by side, everything is very fimiliar. Body lines are the same, the engine compartment (besides the obvious v6 to inline 4) mostly the same components in the same spots.

Anyways thanks for the reply! I'll upload some pictures when I make a Flickr account or whatever, and show you guys what some a$$hole did to my pathy!