Need a Carburetor

Winchester369

We are stationed over here in Germany with the US Army, and my Pathy's carb went belly-up on us... bad thing is the mechanic working on it can't located a carburator, so I am wondering if any of you know a good place online I could try...

I've tried Autozone.com, but they don't have anything... so I am open to all suggestions.

And if any of you have parts yourself that you could sell, I am open to that option as well.

It's not a carburetor. It's a TBI with dual injectors. How does a TBI just "go belly-up"? It should be a simple matter of replacing parts that aren't working properly. Perhaps your mechanic should look into checking the ECU codes and making sure all the sensors are working before telling you you need to replace a $900 TBI system part as a whole.

Very good to know!

Being that it's a german mechanic, and he barely speaks english (is the only one in our area that does speak English at all...) I wasn't too sure about that either...

and to answer the question, I'm not sure... It started skipping and sputtering, and then got to the point where it would only stay running for a few seconds, and the only way to keep it running was to constantly press the gas pedel, and to drive it was horrible, it coughed and sputtered too much. My wife took it to the mechanic, they took out the TBI (he called it the carburetor) and says we need a new one... That's why I said "belly-up."

Edited by Winchester369