Where is the Fuel Temperature Sensor on a vg30i?

I'm getting a code 42 on my 10/86 vg30i. Does anyone know where the fuel temp sensor is? The only information I can find about it says its screwed into the side of the fuel pressure regulator, and it's not...

Edited by 87Fathpinder

The codes for the 87 are different than what they are for the 94. A 42 on the 87 is for the throttle sensor circuit. It's the switch on the back side of the throttle body.

Here is a scanned page from my 87 factory service manual. It's a crappy scan because the book is old and I don't want to push it down too hard on the scanner.

EFEC57-1.jpg

Mine shorted once and was running so rich it looked like a diesel blowing smoke out the tail pipe.

James

The codes for the 87 are different than what they are for the 94. A 42 on the 87 is for the throttle sensor circuit. It's the switch on the back side of the throttle body.

Here is a scanned page from my 87 factory service manual. It's a crappy scan because the book is old and I don't want to push it down too hard on the scanner.

EFEC57-1.jpg

Mine shorted once and was running so rich it looked like a diesel blowing smoke out the tail pipe.

James

So, do you have the adjustment procedure of the tps in that book? I can't seem to find the output at idle voltage anywhere...

Edited by 87Fathpinder

According to the fsm I have which covers the vg30i engine, there is no code 42, code 43 is the tps and the same is said on 88pathoffroad's post

EFEC57-1.jpg

James

I have a pdf of a 89 hardbody truck I can send you but it's 115 meg. I have sent it to other people with a dropbox acount. All I need is an email to send you an invitation to download it. The code is different in the truck fsm 43 but the procedure to set it is the same.

James